4-5 years of age
Teacher/Child Ratio: 1:10
Our Kindergarten program provides a comprehensive curriculum designed to prepare children for Grade One and success in school. Our program is congruent with the learning outcomes set out by the Ministry of Education and follow the same program goals. Lessons are tailored to meet your child’s individual needs and are designed to give children opportunities to explore, think critically, communicate, and be creative in a fun and supportive environment.
Learning centres located throughout the classroom will challenge your child’s inquisitive mind. Learning centres include: Dramatic, Blocks, Literacy, Cognitive, Sensory, Creative, Science/Nature, and Math. Unlike a traditional kindergarten classroom in the public school setting where teacher-child rations can be as high as 1 to 30, the low 1 to 10 teacher-child ratio your child will receive at Leslie Street Daycare ensures that your child will be given individual attention and care to help them reach their goals.
– Curriculum focuses on all the important areas of preschool development which prepares children for success in Kindergarten.
– Weekly thematic programs encourage exploration, self-direction, and confidence.
– Hands-on learning experiences encourage children to think critically, develop problem-solving skills and practice primary mathematic and writing skills.
– Engaging circle times promote group learning, active participation, and cooperation.
– Large outdoor play area provided to promote the development of large motor skills and physical activity.
– Our teachers provide plenty of individual attention to support your child’s unique needs and are available to discuss their day and progress any time.